There will be a full closure of Sawtelle Boulevard for bridge falsework installation as part of Phase II of the Expo Line from Culver City to Santa Monica, starting tonight.
Construction will take place from Wed. Aug. 21 through Fri. Aug. 30 from 9 p.m. - 6 a.m., Monday to Friday only. Construction will take place across Sawtelle Boulevard along the Expo ROW, just south of Pico Boulevard. Over the next week and a half, construction crews will erect falsework using timber and steel forms as a mold for the cast-in-place concrete bridge that will span over Sawtelle Boulevard.
- Northbound and southbound Sawtelle Boulevard will be closed to all through traffic between Exposition Boulevard and Pico Boulevard throughout the falsework installation during nighttime hours.
- Southbound Sawtelle Boulevard traffic will be detoured at Pico Boulevard.
- Northbound Sawtelle Boulevard traffic will be detoured at Exposition Boulevard.
- Electronic message boards, directional signage and/or flagmen will be used to safely to safely direct vehicles and pedestrians around the construction zone.
- Pedestrian access will be maintained and directional signage will be in place as needed.
- Parking restrictions will be strictly enforced at all times and signage with specific restrictions will be in place in all construction areas.
- Local access to businesses and residences will be maintained throughout all construction activities.
- Noise levels will be monitored to ensure work performed is within the necessary compliance levels.
- Please obey all posted construction signs and do not enter the construction work zone.