Did you know that hip-hop big shot Ice Cube studied architectural drafting before getting into the rap game? According to the Los Angeles Times, the Huffington Post and the New York Times, it's true! The news organizations reported on how the rapper unveiled his love for iconic landmarks in a promotional video for Pacific Standard Time, an exhibition that celebrates art across Southern California.
The video features one home that seems to be one of Cube's favorites, the home designed by Charles and Ray Eames in Pacific Palisades. As part of the Pacific Standard Time exhibit, the Eames House living room was moved into the Los Angeles County Museum of Art earlier this fall.
Pacific Standard Time is a long-term Getty Research Institute initiative, which includes many Southern California museums and venues featuring a variety of exhibits through 2012.
- To watch the video, click here.
- To read more from the LA Times, click here.
- To read more from the Huffington Post, click here.
- To read more from the New York Times, click here.
- For information about the Pacific Standard Time exhibit, click here.