1. 5th District Councilman Paul Koretz wants Los Angeles to raise the legal age for buying cigarettes from 18 to 21. About 90 percent of life-long smokers start before they turn 21, andunder-age high school students are more likely to get cigarettes from 18-year-olds than from 21-year-olds, according to a motion introduced by Koretz to the LA City Council on Wednesday.
2. The average price of a gallon of self-serve regular gasoline in Los Angeles County decreased Wednesday for the 33rd consecutive day, falling seven-tenths of a cent to $3.864, its lowest amount since Jan. 31.
3. Did you know today is National Tooth
Fairy Day? Does this mean the tooth fairy gets a day off, or you have to pull
your kids’ teeth out… now!
4. No mega millionaires today, as no tickets sold with all six numbers in last night’s SuperLotto Plus drawing. However, that means the jackpot for this Saturday will increase to $10 million.
5. Do you think kids in school should have to say the Pledge of Allegiance? Sound off here.