1. Hang 10, dude! Check out ‘The Living Curl,’ narrated in person by the creator of the film, Mr. Jamie Budge. This film is all about surfers in the early 60s when Gidget first brought the world’s eyes to the California scene. Tonight, 8 p.m., California Heritage Museum, 2612 Main St. Santa Monica.
2. Malibu artist Petra Eiko will be exhibiting for the second time at The Broad Stage with her interactive public art installation—the-green-heart project—on Sunday, September 1 from 11a.m.–3 p.m. 1310 11th St. Santa Monica.
3. Don’t forget the Agape Beach Party at Will Rogers State Beach on Saturday from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Click here for more details.
4. Heading out of town for the long weekend? Check the traffic in and around Santa Monica with our live traffic map here.
5. Labor Day is Monday. Did you know was first nationally recognized in 1894 to placate unionists following the Pullman Strike? What are your plans for Labor Day?