More than 200 racers are expected Sunday for the second annual Pali Tri Race starting at 8 a.m. at Palisades Charter High School, according to the event's organizers. There is a triathlon, team triathlon, kids fun run and 5K run and it's all organized by the Pacific Palisades Rotary Club.
There's a Halloween theme to all the races this year, and participants are encouraged to dress up in costumes or paint that are safe to race in.
Beneficiaries of the event include student scholarships made available at Pali High and Paul Revere Middle Charter School, Palisades-Malibu YMCA programs for youth and fitness, scouting camps and camping scholarships in Santa Monica Bay area.
Here's some notes on the street closures:
- The approximately two hour road race starts at 8 in the morning, and is over about 10 a.m. The run/bike course will take place on the streets of the mesa west of Temescal Canyon: the Asilomar bluff area. On the racecourse map, it shows one loop for the run and three loops for the bike portion.
- Streets within the closure area will be closed for the race, including Bowdoin at the school. Cars on the racecourse streets (where the racers run and bike) will have to be moved off of the street, for the safety of the racers and the cars. Rolling cone pick up as last racers go through.
- Emergency vehicles will have access (police, fire, ambulance) at all times.
- Access will also be made available for delivery of newspapers before 7:30am (papers weredelivered last year).
- Parking will be on Sunset Blvd. and Temescal Canyon Rd. Some limited parking availability on campus, in the student lot with access off of El Medio.