The following is a press release from the Pacific Palisades Community Council:
The Pacific Palisades Community Council seeks help in finding a special Palisadian who should receive the 2012 Golden Sparkplug Award.
The Golden Sparkplug Award honors those residents of the Palisades who ignited ideas and projects into community action in the Palisades, which benefitted everyone.
If you would like to nominate your favorite Palisadian, here are the criteria:
- The person must have launched a new idea or project benefiting the overall community during 2012. The project can still be in progress and/or completed.
- The project must have a major community impact and/or be a sustainable project.
- It must have broad community effect and/or affect a large group of persons.
- It must be a voluntary contribution above and beyond, and not business related or part of one's business or job.
- The nominee may be an adult or youth. But only one member of a group or committee is permitted.
Please send the name of your nominee along with an explanation of their community project, and why you think they should receive the award in 200 words or less. Include your name, address and phone number, as well as the phone number and address of the nominee. Your can e-mail your nomination
to Pacpalicc@aol.com, or mail them to Pacific Palisades Community Council, Golden Sparkplug Award, P.O. Box 1131, Pacific Palisades, CA 90272.
Deadline for nominations is Saturday, March 9.
The Golden Sparkplug Award ceremony will be held in the spring at a gala event.
Read about last year's award recipients here.