3 DUI arrests
- At 6:20 a.m. on Nov. 4 at the 600 block of Kingman Avenue, a 31-year-old man was arrested and charged with driving under the influence after being involved in a traffic collision, according to the Los Angeles Police Department.
- At 12:05 a.m. on Nov. 2 at the intersection of Bashford and Embury streets, a 20-year-old woman was arrested and charged with driving under the influence after being stopped for a traffic violation.
- At 12:05 a.m. on Oct. 31 in the 1000 block of Napoli Drive, a 26-year-old man was arrested and charged with driving under the influence after being involved in a traffic collision.
At 6:15 p.m. on Oct. 27 in the 800 block of Swarthmore Avenue, a 47-year-old woman was arrested and charged with shoplifting after entering a business with the intent to shoplift, take property and leave without paying.
Suspect ID'd in air soft gun assaults on Halloween
On 8:45 p.m. on Oct. 31 on Antioch Street, suspects drove up to a person in a whit Toyota Camry and shot them with air soft gun. One of the suspects is identified as a white man with brown hair, with no further description on a second suspect.
At 9 p.m. that same night at the intersection of Carey and Kagawa streets, police say the suspects drove up to another victim on the street and shot them with an air soft gun.
Suspect 'looking for Mike' ID'd in attempted Ocean Avenue home burglary
At 11:23 a.m. on Oct. 29 in the 200 block of Ocean Avenue, a suspect entered a home through an unlocked door and said he was "looking for Mike" when confronted by the homeowner. The suspect's described as a black man, approximately 190 pounds and 25 years old.
Suspect ID'd in attempted gas pump skimming
Between 4:20 and 4:40 a.m. on Nov. 2 at a gas station in the 14700 block of Sunset Boulevard, a suspect attempted to place a skimming device inside a gas pump credit card reader. He's identified as a white man, bald, between 30 and 35 years old, 6 feet tall and approximately 200 pounds.
Home, business and vehicle burglaries
- Between Oct. 28 at 2 p.m. and Oct 29 at 6:15 a.m. in the 15500 block of Sunset Boulevard, a suspect smashed a window to a vehicle and took laptop computers, a briefcase and keys.
- Between 3 and 5 p.m. on Oct. 28 at the intersection of Temescal Canyon Road and Sunset Boulevard, a suspect to a purse, wallet, money and credit cards from a possibly unlocked vehicle.
- Between Oct. 25 at 2 p.m. and Oct. 25 at 5 p.m. in the 100 block of Marquez Place, a suspect entered an apartment (possibly using a key) and took jewelry.
- Between Oct. 28 at 6 p.m. and Oct. 29 at 10 a.m. in the 15500 block of Sunset Boulevard, a suspect pried open a gate to enter a building but no property was taken.
- At 5 p.m. on Oct. 27 at the intersection of Pacific Coast Highway and West Channel Road, a suspect took a bike from an unsecured location. Police have identified that suspect.
- Between Oct. 13 at 2 p.m. and Oct. 15 at 2 p.m. in the 15400 block of Sunset Boulevard, a suspect took jewelry off a victim who suffers with Alzheimers.
Between Oct. 28 at 10 p.m. and Oct. 29 at 9:50 a.m. in the 800 block of Haverford Avenue, a suspect smashed the window of a vehicle.
If you see anything that you feel is suspicious, but not an emergency, go to www.alertcommunity.com. It allows citizens to document suspicious activity quickly, easily, and anonymously.