Suspected burglar arrested at singer's home
A 31-year-old man was arrested by Los Angeles police at 9:15 p.m., Feb. 21 in the 900 block of Rivas Canyon Drive. He was charged with burglary after using a hidden key to enter a home. The LAPD said the man told officers he was looking for the home of the singer Rihanna, which was not the residence he was suspected of attempting to burglarize. Since the burglary, neighbors have told the media they do not want the singer living in the Palisades.
4 robbery suspects push victim to the ground
At 4:15 p.m., Feb. 20 at the intersection of Haverford Avenue and Temescal Canyon Road, four suspects pushed a man to the ground and took his wallet, money and cell phone. Police identified the suspects as a black man with with black hair, brown eyes, 5'9'' and 160 pounds, a black man at 5'11'' and 170 pounds, a black man at 5'9'' and 175 pounds and a fourth identified suspect.
Robbery suspect possibly uses baseball bat
At 9:40 p.m., Feb. 21 at the intersection Lachman Lane and Glynn Drive, a suspect reportedly took the victim to a location, struck the person possibly with a baseball bat and took their wallet and money. Police say the suspected has been identified.
- Between 12 and 7 a.m., Feb. 19 in the 1200 block of Calle de Sevilla, a suspect entered an unlocked vehicle and took a purse, camera and laptop computer.
- Between 7:30 a.m., Feb. 15 and and 11 a.m., Feb. 18 in the 17200 block of Sunset Boulevard, a suspect smashed a vehicle window to enter and take laptop computers, an iPad, briefcase and suit jacket.
- Between 8 p.m., Feb. 18 and 1:30 a.m., Feb. 19 in the 1000 block of Villa View Drive, a suspect entered a vehicle and took a wallet, money, credit cards, a backpack and laptop computer.
- Between 5 p.m., Feb. 17 and 9 a.m., Feb. 18 in the 700 block of Hempden Place, a suspect took an iPhone from a nearby location.
- Between 12 p.m., Jan. 20 and 3:30 p.m., Feb. 20 in the 16600 block of Marquez Avenue, a suspect took a lock from a storage facility.
Trespassing with booze
Between 2:30 p.m., Feb. 16 and 11 a.m., Feb. 18 in the 14200 block of Sunset Boulevard, suspects entered a property without permission to drink alcoholic beverages.
If you see anything that you feel is suspicious, but not an emergency, go to www.alertcommunity.com. It allows citizens to document suspicious activity quickly, easily, and anonymously.
A correction was made to the cross street location of the Feb. 20 robbery.