The annual "Lane Kemper Softball Classic," a fundraiser that benefits the Widows, Orphans & Disabled Firemen's Fund, is less than two weeks away. But, you still have time to become a sponsor, or to send in a donation!
Pacific Palisades Bill Bringas is coordinating the charity tournament, which will be held at Hjelte Park in Encino on May 16.
Firefighters from station 23 and will be combining to make one team. So, if you'd like to cheer them on, the public is welcome to watch the tournament!
Bringas, who was recently , told Pali Patch that Captain Lane Kemper, for whom the tournament is named, was a friend and colleague. Kemper lost his battle with cancer in September 2006.
If you would like to donate, or become a sponsor, you may drop off your donation at , located at 17281 W. Sunset Blvd. You may also donate via the Widows, Orphans & Disabled Firemen's Fund website, or you may download the form and mail it in.
Please note, if you are donating a gift for the raffle, you must drop off your item no later than May 15 to Fire Station 23.
- For more information about the Lane Kemper Softball Classic, click here.
- To donate via the website, click here.
- To download the donation form, click here.
- For more information about the Widows, Orphans & Disabled Firemen’s Fund, click here.
- For the story about the American Legion Awards, which Bringas received, .