In an updated Metro press release sent Wednesday afternoon, the dates for Sunset Bridge demolition over Sepulveda Boulevard were changed to Nov. 9, 10 and 14. The demolition dates were previously listed as Nov. 9, 14 and 15.
Due to the construction, Sepulveda Boulevard between Montana Avenue and Church Lane will be closed, according to Metro. Following bridge demolition, Metro said there will be abutment demolition on the east side of the bridge from Nov. 17-22.
The closures at Sepulveda Boulevard between Montana Avenue and Church Lane will be as follows:
- Demolition dates: Nov. 9, 10, 14
- Hours of closure: 9 p.m.-6 a.m.
- Northbound Sepulveda Detour: Traffic traveling north on Sepulveda Boulevard will be detoured to eastbound Montana Avenue, to northbound Veteran Avenue, to westbound Sunset Boulevard, to northbound Church Lane and back to Sepulveda.
- Southbound Sepulveda Detour: Traffic traveling south on Sepulveda Boulevard will be detoured to southbound Church Lane, to eastbound Sunset Boulevard, to southbound Veteran Avenue, to westbound Montana Avenue and back to Sepulveda.
- Sunset Boulevard will be open with one lane in each direction.
According to Metro, emergency personnel will have access to all areas.
A also began Monday to install a sewer line along Sepulveda Boulevard between Montana Avenue and Sunset Boulevard. The sewer construction project will cause daytime and evening closures in the Sepulveda Boulevard area. In addition, overnight sectional closures of Sepulveda Boulevard began Monday, allowing crews to lines.
- For information about the sewer line construction closures, .
- For information about the Verizon telecommunication line excavation, .
Construction is subject to weather conditions. So, for the latest information, visit the Metro website.