The contractor revised the schedule for full 405 freeway closures for the , according to Metro. See the revised schedule below. Each night, ramps within the freeway closure limits will begin to close as early as 7 p.m. and freeway lanes will begin to close as early as 10 p.m., leading up to the full directional freeway closure between the hours of 12 a.m., midnight, to 5 a.m.
- For July 31, the southbound I-405 freeway from the 101 Freeway to Getty Center Drive will close (freeway lanes closures starting at 10 p.m.).
- From Aug. 1 to Aug. 4, the northbound I-405 freeway from Getty Center Drive to Ventura Blvd. will close (freeway lanes closures staring at 10 p.m.).
- From July 31 to Aug. 4, the Skirball Bridge will be closed nightly between 10 p.m. and 6 a.m.
What to Expect:
- Sepulveda Blvd. will remain open during the nights of bridge demolition and be used as a detour route.
- After the bridge demolition is complete, the contractor will begin the reconstruction of the south half of Skirball bridge
- Emergency access will be maintained on the bridge at all times.
- Pedestrians will be rerouted to an area outside the construction zone.
- Please note that the work is weather permitting and subject to change.