Do you think you can "Lego" of your imagination and build just like Charles Eames? Dwell magazine and Los Angeles art exhibit Pacific Standard Time are challenging the public to do just that. Dwell wants to see if you can build a model of "an original home inspired by iconic California mid-century modern architecture.
If you're looking for inspiration, check out a model of the Palisades' own Charles and Ray Eames House, constructed by a skilled Lego builder by the name of Stacy Sterling.
If you're interested in submitting your entry, you have until March 29. Five finalists will then be selected to display their work at the "Dwell on Design" event from June 22-24 at the Los Angeles Convention Center.
According to Design Crave, the winner will get $250, an Ice Cube/Eames poster and, of course, Lego building bragging rights.
Pacific Standard Time is a long-term Getty Research Institute initiative, which includes many Southern California museums and venues featuring a variety of exhibits throughout 2012.
- For more information about the contest, or to enter, click here.
- For the Lego model of the Eames House, click here.
- For more about the contest from Design Crave, click here.
- For more about Dwell, click here.
- For more about the Dwell on Design event, click here.
- For more about Pacific Standard Time, click here.