Please note: The VISION House Los Angeles is open from 11 a.m.-5 p.m. Sunday. A previous version of this story had shorter hours.
Green Builder Media and Structure Home have partnered with a number of eco-friendly vendors to build a sustainable home filled with green technology at the corner of Via de la Paz and Bestor Avenue in Pacific Palisades. On Thursday night, Pali Patch got a sneak peek of the finished product just days before the grand opening event this Sunday!
The brand new house, called the VISION House Los Angeles, is California ENERGY STAR certified, has Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) certification and uses products that are water efficient.
Pali Patch has been sharing photos since the , followed by . Also, Green Builder's own has been blogging on Pali Patch, sharing updates with readers.
While walking through the home during a preview event Thursday, guests marveled at the finished product. The floors were finished, beds made and the the bath tubs were installed. Even artwork, like a lemon leaf curtain by artist Daniel Nakamura, featured natural elements giving the house even more of a natural, zen feel.
As one of the builders noted, the house isn't just energy efficient, it's beautiful. Perhaps beauty and smarts can be found in places we wouldn't think to look!
The VISION House Los Angeles is from 11-5 p.m.
- For more information about Sunday's event, .
- For photos from the March open house, .
- For photos from January's open house, .
- For Wallace's latest blog post, click here.
- For information about the VISION House Los Angeles project, click here.
- For information about Green Builder Media, click here.
- For information about Structure Home, click here.