Attention all residents, business owners and workers in the vicinity of the I-405 and the Sunset bridge: The contractor will be pouring the deck to the northern side of the Sunset bridge, for three nights (Aug. 20, Aug. 21, Aug. 23 and Aug. 24), requiring full directional freeway closures and full closures of Sunset Boulevard, according to Metro.
Mainline northbound I-405 full closure between Montana Ave. and Moraga Drive ramps:
- The full closure is Tuesday, Aug. 21 from 12 to 5 a.m.
- Northbound traffic will be detoured off the freeway at the Montana Avenue off-ramp to northbound Sepulveda Boulevard, back to northbound I-405 at Moraga Drive.
Mainline southbound I-405 full closure between the westbound Sunset Boulevard to southbound on-ramp and Wilshire Boulevard:
- The full closure is Friday, Aug. 24 from 12 to 5 a.m.
- Southbound I-405 traffic will be detoured from the Sunset Boulevard off-ramp to northbound Church Lane, to southbound Sepulveda Boulevard, to Wilshire Boulevard southbound on-ramp.
Sunset Boulevard between Barrington Avenue and Veteran Avenue full closure, as well as Church Lane between Sepulveda Boulevard and Kiel Street:
- The full closures are Aug. 20, Aug. 21 and Aug. 23 from 10 p.m. to 6 a.m.
- Westbound Sunset Boulevard traffic will be detoured to southbound Veteran Avenue, to westbound Wilshire Boulevard, to northbound Barrington Avenue, back to Sunset.
- Eastbound Sunset Boulevard traffic will be detoured to southbound Barrington Avenue, to eastbound Wilshire Boulevard, to northbound Veteran Avenue, back to Sunset.
- Local access will be maintained.
What else to expect:
- Sepuleveda between Church Lane and Oveda Place and Montana Avenue will be maintained with one lane in each direction.
- The deck pour is slated for Tuesday night, Aug. 21, between 10 p.m. and 6 a.m.
- Freeway lane reduction may start at 10 p.m. the night before the full closure.
- Pedestrians will be rerouted to an area outside the construction zone.
- Sunset Boulevard on and off ramps will be closed. Closures may start as early as 7 p.m. and will be coordinated with Caltrans.
- The southbound I-405 Sunset off ramp will remain open as part of the detour.
- Emergency access will be maintained.